Sunday, November 15, 2015

Day 15 of Decluttering Challenge

I decided today that mindfulness has its place and right now its place is not with me. You see, I just need to get something done. It doesn’t have to be right or perfect. It doesn't matter if I have to do it all again next month or the next because I didn't get rid of enough on the first pass. The only thing that matters right now is that progress is made. What matters is that the piles of crap everywhere continue to diminish. What matters is that the clutter and collective noise around me decreases so that life and my emotions feel manageable again.

If the only way to accomplish that is by turning on some loud, fun music then so be it. Of course, I would prefer to sort out my emotions and thoughts while doing it so I can figure out what kind of life I want to create. But right now that's too much so I will take it anyway I can get it. I'll tackle the thinking and processing some other day when I can handle it. For now I will dance and sing my blues away as I give useless junk the heave ho.

All the boxes on one side of the futon have been gone through. Put a lot of books in the release pile.

After church, went to a friend's house. Got two loads of laundry done while we played three games of Scrabble (I won two games!).

Not as productive as last weekend and I still have not tackled the two icky jobs I have been putting off. However, progress was made and I am moving forward again. Definitely good!



TODAY OVERALL
DONATED: 55 402
TRASHED: 7 115
TOTAL: 62 517

No comments: