Saturday, November 14, 2015

Day 14 of Decluttering Challenge

I fell in to the mindless void again today. I am overwhelmed by the horrible atrocities being done all over the world. It's too much so I checked out again, retreated into my happy place because I can't really handle anything else at the moment.

Later, because Saturdays are really long, I decided I could go through the box sitting next to my chair. That led to going through three more boxes.

One box was jammed full so I didn't count every single thing. I counted it as 50 items (40 donated ; 10 trashed), which is low-balling it, and moved on.

Another box contained smaller boxes inside of it. After going through several, I opened another to find more containers inside it. I  literally said out loud, "What fresh hell is this?" and closed it back it back up.

After a couple of deep breaths and encouraging thoughts, I opened it back up and dug in. I picked up a coin pursue and dumped out its contents. Out spills just about every I have ever owned in my life and a few other things. In my defense, I have been collecting them to use in an art piece. I have to learn how to use a soldering iron before I can make it though. Anyway, I have this fireproof box that I brought back from California last summer but had no clue where the keys are to it. As I moved it aside yesterday to access the box I was working on, I wondered how to break into it. Once I saw the keys I thought, "What are the chances the key to opening it is in this pile?" Given my luck, I figured I would try every key and still be screwed. Boy was I wrong!!! First damn key I tried opened that sucker right up!!!

I didn't know what I would find inside. Turns out there were pictures. Lots and lots of them. I think they are all back up copies but I am not sure. Will stick them in a photo box to deal with later. Good work!


TODAY OVERALL
DONATED: 65 347
TRASHED: 15 108
TOTAL: 80 455

No comments: