Thursday, September 3, 2009

Blame it on EW

The Visa ad says, "Go for it! Don't be afraid to bomb - do everything. It's better to regret action than inaction." I would agree with that. I regret all the things I didn't do when I had the opportunity (never made it to the top of the Twin Towers the entire 6 years I lived there....I kept waiting for someone to visit so I could go with them) more than anything I actually did do.

As quotes go though, I still prefer "Je ne regrette pas." Loosely translated it means "I have no regrets." I read that in a book a very, very long time ago. Had to be before I was 17 because I remember we still lived in West Covina. I don't think I did a very good job of using that as my life motto, which I had vowed to do. I have way too many regrets. I won't go there as I don't want to turn this into a pity party, let's just leave it at I hope I do better from here on in.

I think it is most important to have no regrets when it comes to people versus things or actions. The worst regret is wishing you had said or done something with someone only to have them pass away. Though there is the opposite problem too, wishing you had not said or done something to someone then not being able to apologize for it.

All I can hear now in my head are the lyrics to "My Favorite Regret" by The Gigolo Aunts so I'm going to stop now. It's leading me down a path I choose not to go tonight.

DAILY ACCOUNTING
Still not getting enough sleep (starting to think it could have something to do with the panic attack I had last week, first one in a very long time...need to explore that thought more). Woke-up nauseous and dizzy (blaming it on the new sleeping pill). Called in to work for at least the first half of the day. Woke up feeling much better and began to head into work only to be waylaid by a very flat tire. Took it instride - no histrionics or catastrophizing - so YEA ME! Helps that the whole thing cost me less than $40 though too. Pretty good food day and got in a nice walk.

No comments: